|Silk, often referred to as the “Queen of Fibers”
is highly prized throughout the world and has been used for centuries
as the filling in duvets. Once exclusive to Chinese Royalty due
to their efforts in trying to keep silk a secret, now we can all
be treated to this treasured luxury. Silk is valued for its incredible
light weight, drapeability and undisputed warmth and comfort.
China’s domination of silk production lies with one species,
the blind and flightless moth, Bombyx Mori, unique to China. The
silkworm of this moth produces the best silk in the world, a long
strand thread which is smoother, finer and rounder than that of
What Does Silkworks Offer?
- Highest grade, hand layered silk
- Pearly white long strand silk
- 100% cotton, 200 thread count outer shell
- Box quilted to prevent shifting
- Corner tabs to secure to duvet cover
- An invitation to see and touch silk through the side zipper
Sizes/Weights of Silk
We’ve designed the size of our duvets to allow for a 13”
drop from the top of a standard sized mattress. The following weights of our duvets provide year-round comfort:
||66" x 88"
||86" x 93"
||104" x 93"